Supporting the Future of Creativity
Using computer code as their paintbrush, digital media experts are creating exciting new ways for art and culture to be dynamic and interactive. At the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design (AMPD), our ground-breaking achievements in 3D and interactive cinema, mobile media, bioinformatics, sustainable theatre technologies and advanced digital imaging are generating unprecedented student demand and we’re the home of two new Canada Research Chairs in Digital Performance and Interactive Information.
Your gift will help us continue to explore innovative ways of applying changing technology to culture.
- Establish a Physical Computing Facility outfitted with oscilloscopes, variable power supplies, 3D printers, soldering and electronic equipment
- Introduce the GTA’s first large-scale Immersive Transmedia Lab equipped with retractable screens, a reconfigurable sound system and a modular stage
- Attract an ArtScientist-in-Residence to conduct workshops, deliver guest lectures and involve students in research at the intersection of art and science
- Provide annual Student Technology Bursaries for entering students in financial need
- Launch a Student Project Fund to offset the cost of project equipment and supplies
- Support Spreading the Code Word, York’s new outreach initiative aimed at attracting more women from lower-income households to digital media careers
For more information about how you can help define our creative future today, contact:
Alasdair Hooper CFRE
Senior Development Officer
Office of the Dean